This plug-in performs the functionality populating the field type value when barcode type is given.When the plug-in switch is ON then the barcode value extracted is saved as the value for the field type. If the switch is OFF for the plug-in then it doesn’t perform anything.
Steps for configuring the plugin
- User can select the batch class module and navigate to barcode extraction plug-in configuration page as shown below:
Following are the configurable properties available for the Barcode Extraction plugin:
|Configurable property||Type of value||Value options||Description|
|Barcode Extraction Switch||List of values||
||Switch to decide whether or not to perform barcode extraction.Default ON.|
|Barcode Extraction Max Confidence||Integer||0-100||The maximum confidence value that is used for extraction.|
|Barcode Extraction Min Confidence||Integer||0-100||The minimum confidence value that is used for extraction.|
|Barcode Extraction Reader Types||Multi select||
||All the barcode extraction types that is present. Following list of preset barcode extraction types are present: – CODE39, QR, DATAMATRIX, CODE128, CODE93, ITF, CODABAR, PDF417 AND EAN13.|
|Barcode Extraction Valid Extension||Multi select||
||It is used to configure all the possible types of files that will be used for extraction.|
Steps of execution
- Plug-in uses the type of barcode given in the field type listings. While creating the field type user can enter the type of barcode that has to be used for classification. This is shown in the following screen shot:-
- While executing, if there is any barcode present on the document, then the value extracted from the document for barcode is used to populate the value of the document level field.
- If there is no barcode given then it will not set the value for document level field.
- There must be document level field present and barcode type must be selected in the field type configuration.
- Files must have required extensions only which are configured.
Barcode Extraction Rule
This feature allows the user to configure the barcode mapping at index field level if multiple barcode of same type exist in a document. For example, if there exist two Barcodes of Type – Code39 in a document, user can create two index fields and can specify the zone (by drawing overlay) for each barcode. For this, a new node “Barcode Extraction Rule” is added in the Batch Class Management tree under Index Field.
- Under the Document Type, go to the Index Fields and select the first Index Field.
- Under the Index Field, select the option – Barcode Extraction Rule.
- Draw overlay on the image to specify the zone for the selected index field.
- Click on Apply Barcode.
- Similarly, you can map the zone for the other Barcode in the second field.
Following are few common error messages seen due to mal-functioning of the plugin:
|S no.||Error message||Possible root cause|
|1||No valid extensions are specified in resources.||There are no values for valid extensions.|
|2||File has invalid extension.||If the files present has extension other that the given valid extension. For example if valid extension given is “gif” and document being processed is “tif”.|