Last Updated on
FACING ISSUES IN ALL BROWSERS:
1.Compare the times of all the browsers ( in safe mode ) and in normal mode, if there is a difference then there is some plugin being installed or a profile issue that is potential root cause of the issue.
Restart Browser in Safe Mode or Reset browser profile.
How to start browser in safe mode?
Click the menu button , click help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled…. Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.
Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.
Safe Mode window
You now have two options:
- Clicking the Start in Safe Mode button will temporarily disable your extensions and themes, turn off hardware acceleration and reset toolbar and button customizations. When you leave Safe Mode and start Firefox up normally, your extensions, themes, and settings will return to the state they were in before you entered Safe Mode.
- Clicking the Reset Firefox button will restore Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. See Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems for more information about this option.
Google Chrome doesn’t have this feature, but you can open an incognito window to temporarily disable extensions.
If you want to create a shortcut that opens Chrome in incognito mode, duplicate an existing Chrome shortcut, right-click on the shortcut, select “Properties” and append this flag to the target value: –incognito (don’t forget to add a space to separate the flag).
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Type “internet explorer” into the search box.
3. Choose Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) from the Programs list.
Please disable Scripting too; this may lead to crash of Internet explorer:
Steps to disable:
1. Open the Tools menu (Alt and T)
2. Select the Internet Options item (O key).
3. Go to Advanced tab, Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer), Disable script debugging (Other) and Display a notification about every script error
4. Apply the Changes.
2. Network Latency: If shared folders are on remote system, try executing the same or the similar batch in shared folders being at remote and local.
This will help us to Identify network lag if exists.
Issue only with Firefox:
1. Reset browser profile and open it in safe mode.
How to reset Mozilla profile?
In the Profile Manager, select the profile to remove, and click Delete Profile.
Confirm that you wish to delete the profile:
- Don’t Delete Files removes the profile from the Profile Manager yet retains the profile data files on your computer in the storage folder, so that your information is not lost. “Don’t Delete Files” is the preferred option because it saves the old profile’s folder and allows you to recover the files to a new profile.
- Delete Files removes the profile and its files, including the profile bookmarks, settings, passwords, etc.
2. If still not working try to downgrade Mozilla to its previous 3 versions like 25,26,27 for comparison.
3. Enable pipelining and number of pipelined request in Mozilla by setting properties in about:config. This helps us to improve performance.
Issue with Chrome only
If issue with Chrome is encountered try resetting its profile.
How to reset browser profile?
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click Show advanced settings and find the “Reset browser settings” section.
4. Click Reset browser settings.
5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Issue with Internet explorer only
1. Clear the profile data.
2. There is a tool that Microsoft Fixit which checks internally that is there any issue in IE, check using this tool, clear the profile data and restart IE.
Whenever we upgrade a browser, it’s always recommended to proceed after resetting your default profile after upgrade.
Possible Profile Issue:
1. If a page requires multiple refreshes to open up, this could be one of the possible profile issues.
2. In areas where we expect a new tab and a new window opens up, which is somewhat not similar to the previous browser window.
This new window doesn’t have any options in the toolbar, menu bar. It is always from some dynamically generated profile rather than a default profile.
Then this is surely a profile issue.
3. If a browser get stuck always between its processing.
Then it’s either a profile issue or is because of hardware acceleration, some plugin or its version being installed creating the issue.
4. In Chrome, If the shortcuts creating menu is disabled.
Using which we support shortcuts on RV on Chrome. It is a profile issue which was observed on Chrome 35 on client’s machine in recent days.