STEPS TO CREATE ZONE FILE:
1. Open the Nuance Omnipage Ultimate application.
2. Click on File menu and create a new Omnipage document.
3. Click on Load Image option and choose the image file on which zones are to be drawn.
4. Select the zone type. Zones are like overlays. They define the area from which the data will be extracted. For checkbox detection, we need to draw form zones for the same.
5. Draw zones on the image.
6. Click on Tools menu and select the zone template to save the zone file.
7. A pop-up will appear to save the zones drawn on the image. Select “zones on page” and save the zone file. The zone file will have .zon extension.
8. A zone file with the specified name will get created. This zone file will have contain information regarding the zones that are being drawn by the user.
9. User has to manually edit this zone file and add “name” attribute within each “Props” tag of all the zones. The value of the “name” tag will be the index field name (DLF name) that is created in the Document type.
For example: In the above zone file, if we edit and add the “name” attribute in the “Props” tag, then the zone file will look as follows:
This specifies that the value of an index field (DLF) will be extracted from that zone in which the name of the index field has been given. Thus, there is no sequential extraction in Nuance. Instead the user is free to choose the zone from which the value of DLF will be extracted.
10. After editing and saving the zone file, copy the zone file inside the ”fixed-form-extraction” folder in the Batch Class’s folder present inside SharedFolders.