Last Updated on
Known Issues Articles
Known Issue#: EPHE-9238
Topic/Category: Email Import
Ephesoft version(s) Affected: 220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
Issue: When configuring Email Import in Ephesoft, if the username used to connect to your mail server does not require the fully qualified email address, Ephesoft will not allow you to save the settings. This is based on the required information for the email server. We have seen this when Microsoft Exchange is configured to allow usernames without the @sample.com extension.
In the example here, the username for the email import does not contain the @sample.com part of the email address and will not allow you to save your settings.(notice the red background on the text box)
In order to save the email import details, the username must have the @sample.com after the username of the email address. See screenshot here:
Root Cause: Change in the validation of the field in 22.214.171.124. This did not affect earlier Ephesoft versions.
- Test the email import settings without the @sample.com(insert your domain instead of sample.com) by using the Test Email button.
- If this succeeds, enter the fully qualified email address in this field in order to save the settings
- Once the settings are saved, open the ephesoft database in HeidiSQL or your SQL client of choice (MS SQL studio, phpMyAdmin, DBeaver, MySQL)
- Navigate to the batch_class_email_configuration table
- Find the entry for the specific email import settings that you just saved, and remove the @sample.com domain extension and save the row.
- This should start the email import on the cron schedule that is configured.