General Ephesoft Startup and Licensing Issues
Try the following. You can always restrict permissions after you have verified successful startup.
With Ephesoft SHUTDOWN:
STEP 1: For [Ephesoft] and [SharedFolder](if not in Ephesoft folder): For folders in file explorer, Set Owner to Everyone and apply to all child objects. Add Role of Everyone with Full Control and apply to all child objects.
STEP 2: In regedit, [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft] Go to each role and set to Full Control
STEP 3: From an Administrative Command Prompt
Start ephesoft server and let us know your results.
This issue only affects users with an underscore in the server name.
If you start Ephesoft and receive a license error when attempting to log on and have a log entry similar to that of below, this issue will be the most likely culprit. This issue is exclusive to the 4.0 versions of Ephesoft.
Log Entry: Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: invalid authority: rmi://Ephesoft_Server:21099/ephesoft-license
- Stop Epehsoft
- You will need to rename the server as underscores are not supported by Ephesoft or fully qualified domain names.
- change the server name in <Ephesoft install directory>\Application\WEB-INF\classes\MET-INF\dcma-batch\dcma-batch.properties
- Start Ephesoft
If you still experience this issue and see the same error in the log with the underscore in the server name, please follow these instructions also:
- Stop Ephesoft
- Open the ephesoft database in your database client such as HiediSQL or MSSQL Management studio
- Open the table server_registry
- Write down the value from the id column for the row with the server name in the ip_address of the server name without the underscore
- Open the table service_status
- Verify that the server_registry_id matches the number you wrote down in step 4 for the row with the value of LICENSE_SERVICE in the service type column
- Start Ephesoft