Last Updated on
Ephesoft Transact is a thin-client application so there is no client-side software that needs to be installed. It is designed so that centralized access can be achieved for administrators and operators, regardless of their location. Proper firewall routing, port-forwarding and DNS configurations are necessary if communication with remote administrators or operators is needed.
Client / Server Communication
Communication from a client workstation is performed using HTTP/HTTPS through a standard web browser. This includes configuration and maintenance of the system along with operator functions, such as web scanning, batch uploads and exception handling.
The diagram below shows how communication takes place between different tiers of an Ephesoft Transact infrastructure, including remote admins/operators. This is not the only way to architect an Ephesoft installation but is a highly secure, recommended approach.
Communication with 3rd Party Systems
Ephesoft Transact can communicate with other systems and applications during different parts of the capture process. These areas could be batch ingestion, database lookups during extraction or exporting documents and metadata to another application. There are several ways that this communication takes place and it depends on the specific task that is invoking the communication. Here are some common ways that Ephesoft Transact communicates with other sytems:
- CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services)
- Importing documents to be processed
- Exporting documents and metadata
- Database Connection Manager
- JDBC drivers to connect to external databases
- Lookups during extraction/validation
- Export documents and metadata to other databases
- Web Service APIs
- Real-time integration and exposure of Ephesoft processes to other apps
- Embed advanced capture technology in other systems (Please review the section on web service APIs for more information)
- Export XML files containing all document metadata
- Scripting Plugins
- Custom scripts can be introduced at any step in the workflow
Ephesoft Transact requires certain ports to be open in order to function properly. The grid below displays the port number, it‟s purpose, whether inbound or outbound rules need to be created, and which network protocol the firewall exception must use.
Ephesoft Transact will also use the default ports for database connections and authentication protocols. Those ports are listed below.
- MySQL – 3306
- MSSQL – 1433
- LDAP – 389
- Active Directory – 3268