Last Updated on
What’s New In Transact 4.5?
Import | Email Import Improvements
With email import, you can configure an email account in the Batch Class to process the attachments in the mail or both, mail content and attachments. Once the mail import configurations are done, the application will automatically start fetching the emails and process as batch.
In Ephesoft Transact v.184.108.40.206, the email import functionality has been enhanced in several ways:
– Now, the system supports one more security type: STARTTLS (in addition to PLAINTEXT and SECURED previously configured via an SSL checkbox). A drop-down is provided in the Email Configuration screen for selecting the security type (PLAINTEXT, SECURED, and STARTTLS) for the corresponding server (IMAP or POP3).
– While Ephesoft Transact already supported connection to Exchange servers via IMAP and POP3, now the system provides a third way to access them, i.e. via Exchange Web Services (EWS). For that, a new option called “Exchange” has been added to the Server Type column. The URL for EWS is configured in the Incoming Server/URL field. An example of the EWS URL would be as follows:
When configuring an Exchange Server, the Security Type and Port are disabled by the application. You only need to configure the email credentials and incoming URL.
Note: The system does not support processing attachments in .msg format and will not be able to access email headers if Exchange server type is selected.
– Both forward slash and backslash in the username are now supported:
Format: username@domain\mailbox, username@domain/mailbox
Example: firstname.lastname@example.org\janesmith, email@example.com/janesmith
If the user provides the username in this format, the system will now recognize this as a valid email ID.
The following security types are available:
- PLAINTEXT – If the connection is not secured and communication between the application and mail server is in plain-text format.
- SECURED – If the connection is secured and communication between the application and mail server is encrypted.
If the security type is selected as SECURED and the mail server is not secured, an error occurs on the application end while authenticating the connection.
- STARTTLS – This security type takes an existing insecure connection and upgrades it to a secure connection using SSL/TLS. By default, the first communication is performed in the form of plain-text and during the handshake Transact identifies the SSL/TLS version supported by the mail server. This configuration (version and port) is automatically managed by the system and further communication is performed on the SSL/TLS version supported by the mail server.
Server/security types, ports, and dependencies:
|Server Type||Security Type||Port||Comments|
Gmail account is not supported for IMAP with STARTTLS.
|EXCHANGE||–||–||Security Type and Port fields are disabled because EWS URL is used|
For IMAP, the administrator can configure the default folder of the mail account.
For POP, Inbox is the default folder.
Mail server for Gmail account – imap.gmail.com or pop.gmail.com
For EXCHANGE, Inbox is the default folder.
EWS URL for Microsoft Exchange Online / Office 365 – https://<ONLINE_URL>/EWS/Exchange.asmx
EWS URL for Microsoft Exchange (on premise) -https://<EXCHANGE_SERVER_HOSTNAME>/EWS/Exchange.asmx
Supported Web Browsers – Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
To configure email import:
- Go to the server/machine where Ephesoft Transact is installed.
- Configure the email import functionality as described here.
- Log in to the Ephesoft Transaction application.
- Open the Batch Class for which you want to perform email configuration.
- From the left panel, click Email Configuration.
- The configuration window opens in the right panel.
- Click Add to create a new configuration.
- Give configuration details and click Test Email to verify the connection with the mail server.
- Mark the checkbox Enable if you want to immediately start processing batches from the configured email account.
- Click Apply to save the configuration.
- Click Deploy to save the workflow.