What’s New In Transact 4.5?
Logging | Enhanced Logging
In Ephesoft Transact v.184.108.40.206, logging mechanism has been enhanced to provide more detailed and descriptive information. This will help to debug any possible issue faster and better. Enhanced logging has been implemented at the application code level controlled by different logging levels. This approach ensures more robust logging across the application with special attention to the following areas:
- Active Directory (logging in, logging out, current user, connecting to AD server etc.)
- Folder Monitor (firing of jnotify or cron, file detection, folder creation, database insert, etc.)
- Email Import (connecting to the email server, attachment download, email change to read, etc.)
- TIFF conversion (imagemagick, graphicmagick, libtiff).
- Pick Up Service (pickup server assignment, db query to BI table, insert to *job table, individual servers locking records, start of workflow, etc.)
- ITEXT (start of the process, file detection, file output, etc.)
- LibreOffice (start of the process, file detection, file output, etc.).
Enhanced logging is now used for ERROR, INFO and DEBUG levels, with DEBUG level providing the most detailed information about the issue.
The user can change the logging level in log4j.xml (<Ephesoft Installation Directory>/Application) to generate more robust logs according to the requirement.
Detailed information according to the selected logging level is registered in dcma-all and dcma_report_all files (<Ephesoft Installation Directory>/Application/logs).