Last Updated on
What’s New In Transact 4.5?
Extraction | Hidden Document Type Feature
Ephesoft Transact v.18.104.22.168 includes a new Hidden Document Type feature. It is useful for scenarios where more granular document types are needed to facilitate index field extraction from different layouts of the same type of document (for example, bank statement layouts from different banks), and workflow scripts are going to be used to programmatically change the granular document type name to a more generic document type name later in the workflow (for example, changing “MainStreetBankStatement” to “BankStatement” after extraction but before the Validation UI). A Hidden Document Type will not appear in the Document Type drop-down list in the Validation UI, thus avoiding the scenario where hundreds of very granular document types are needlessly displayed. However, Hidden Document Types WILL appear in the Document Type drop-down list in the Review UI. To avoid confusion, Ephesoft recommends using Hidden Document Types only in scenarios where the Review module is omitted. If a document is classified as a Hidden Document Type, and your workflow allows the batch to stop in Review, you’ll be required to change the document type to a non-hidden document type before the batch can leave the Review module.
To implement this feature, a new field called Hidden has been added in the Additional Configurations drop-down list on the Document Types screen under the Batch Class. The Hidden Document Types will still be picked up and displayed in the drop-down list present in the middle pane of the Review-Validate screen, however such documents will be marked in red in the left pane. The operator will have to change the Hidden Document Type to a non-hidden one to proceed with the review process. If the operator tries to use the Hidden Document Type, the document will remain marked in red and the error message will be displayed saying “Document cannot have hidden document type“.
Please note that if the batch class contains only one document type and it is marked as Hidden, the batch processing workflow would stop at the Review stage. To ensure complete and successful batch processing, you will need to add other Document Types or “unhide” the existing Document Type.
To use the Hidden Document Type feature:
1. Open or create a Batch Class.
2. Create two or more Document Types and upload Learn Files for each type.
3. In the Additional Configurations dropdown list for the required Document Type, select Hidden. In our case, we hide US Invoice Document Type.
4. Go to the Upload Batch screen, upload the file, select the Batch Class and click Start Batch.
5. When the batch reaches the Review stage (status: Ready for Review), open it from the Batch Instance Management or the Batch List screen.
On the Review screen, the document is classified into the Hidden Document Type (US Invoice) and marked in red in the left pane.
If you click the Review button now, when the Hidden Document Type is selected, you will see the following message:
“Document cannot have hidden document type”.
6. To proceed, select another, non-hidden Document Type from the drop-down list and click Review.
7. Now, the confirmation message appears and the document in the left pane is now marked in green. Click OK to move on to the next stage of the batch processing workflow.