Last Updated on
What’s New In Transact 4.5?
Extraction | Hidden Table Column Feature
In Ephesoft Transact v.22.214.171.124, table columns have a new additional configuration called “Hidden”. It allows you to hide any specific column or columns from the Validation screen. This new option is now included in the Additional Configurations dropdown list on the Table Columns screen. By default, this field is left unchecked, i.e. all available table columns will be visible on the Validation screen unless configured otherwise.
Once you mark any column as hidden:
- it will not be displayed on the Validation screen;
- it will be excluded from the list of available table columns on the Table Validation Rules screen as well as from the dropdown list of auto-suggested table columns if you are using the AUTO_TABLE_EXTRACTION plugin.
If you choose to hide all columns, the Table View of the Validation screen will be disabled altogether and it will not be possible to define or apply any table validation rule.
At the same time, the values in hidden columns will be extracted and saved in the batch.xml file for the running batch along with all other values (path: Ephesoft\SharedFolders\final-drop-folder).
To use the hidden table column feature:
1. In Ephesoft Transact, open or create a Batch Class.
2. Create a Document Type and upload a Learn file.
3. Go to the Extraction module and make sure that the Table Extraction plugin is added and enabled.
4. In your Batch Class, configure the table for the Document Type: add the table columns, create table extraction rules and, if required, table validation rules. For more information, refer here.
5. On the Table Columns screen, click in the Additional Configurations field against the required column and select Hidden from the dropdown list.
If this value is included in the table validation rule, you will see the confirmation message “Setting the column as hidden will remove the validation rule(s). Do you want to continue?”
If you confirm your choice, the column will be marked as hidden and the configured table validation rule will be deleted.
6. Now, go to the Upload Batch screen, upload the file, select the Batch, and click Start Batch.
7. When the batch reaches the validation stage, open the Validation screen.
8. Here, click Table to move on to the Table View.
The hidden “Unit price” column is not displayed.
Note: If you make all available table columns hidden, the Table View on the Validation screen will be disabled:
The values from all columns (including hidden) are saved in the batch.xml file created for this batch and stored in the final-drop-folder.