How to Page?
Topic#9232 : Elevate To Admin without Prompting
Applicable Ephesoft versions: ALL
Due to changes in Default security settings from one version of Windows to another (e.g. Windows Server 2012 R2), a user account that is listed as a member of the Administrators group may not inherently perform any activity with the assumed Administrative rights. It may be necessary to change the following Local Group Policy:
“User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for Administrators in Admin Approval Mode” to “Elevate without Prompting”.
This enables admin privileges to members of the Local Administrators group by default, allowing the Local administrators to access, install and modify applications, files and settings on the local machine in Windows. This does not grant Domain Admins Rights to the user as the group policies only apply to the current server the user is listed on as a member of the Administrators group.
Instructions for changing the above mentioned Local Group Policy:
- In the windows Run command type “gpedit.msc”
- Navigate to the following Local Policy Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings ->Security Settings-> Local Policies-> Security Options
- Under the Security Options Select the following policy: “User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for Administrators in Admin Approval Mode”
- Right Click and Select Properties
- Click on the Drop Down Menu and Select “Elevate without Prompting”
- Click Ok and Restart your Server.
If this Local Group Policy is set before Ephesoft is installed then the installation will complete without issue.
Please Note: A restart will be required in order to apply this change.