Last Updated on
Topic : Howto Configure IIS 7 or 7.5 integration with Ephesoft tomcat server:
Applicable Ephesoft versions:
Ephesoft Version 3.1 and up
Internet Information Services (IIS) integration with Ephesoft will be done in following two steps.
- Creating a new site Ephesoft in IIS manager.
- Configuring AJP connector to Ephesoft tomcat server works with IIS web server.
Steps to create Ephesoft site in IIS manager:
- Open IIS 7.5 manager on windows server by typing inetmgr in search box. A window as shown below will get opened.
- Select sites under IIS server in which Ephesoft needs to be configured. Right click on sites and click on Add Web site.
- A new pop windows as shown below will appear.
- Enter site name, Physical path and Host Name in input textboxes. After all the information is entered click on OK button and Ephesoft application will get configured as shown below.
- Now a new site Ephesoft is configured in IIS manager. Next steps it to configure tomcat AJP connector.
Steps to configure tomcat AJP connector:
- Download an open source IIS to tomcat connector form this link. http://tomcatiis.riaforge.org/index.cfm
- Extract the downloaded archive and execute Connector_Setup.exe in available in extracted package. A installation start-up pop windows as shown below will get opened.
- Click next on above window and select I agree radio button on agreement page and click on next.
- Enter Apache tomcat server host name and AJP connector port configured in server.xml of tomcat server. Default AJP port configured in Ephesoft is 8009. Default populated value i.e localhost and 8009 will work if configuration is being done on localhost and with default Ephesoft JavaApp server. Click on next.
- Check Enable Remote Access to Apache Tomcat and click on next.
- Select all the check boxes except Force Secure Sessions as shown below. Click on next.
- Select “let me choose specific sites” option and click on next.
- Check Ephesoft and uncheck default site. Click on next.
- Check all the three option on Handler Mapping screen and click on next.
- Select “Enable IIS sub configuration” and click on next.
- Click on install and AJP connector is ready to take requests from IIS server. Before trying accessing Ephesoft on browser, restart both IIS server and Ephesoft tomcat server.
- To verify successful integration of IIS server with Ephesoft tomcat server, try accessing
http://localhost/dcma on web browser(if Ephesoft site is bind with port 80, if it is bound to any other port try http://<hostname>:port/dcma ).
- Ensure logged in user who is managing IIS server have proper file system level permission on Ephesoft\Application\* folder.
- Ensure no two application are running on same port. When we create a new site in IIS server, by default it binds with port 80 and also the default site available in IIS is also configured to run on port 80. In such case either change port binding of Ephesoft site or stop default site that will be running by default.