-sDEVICE parameter can be set to the following values:
- Produces 12-bit RGB output
- Produces 24-bit RGB output
- Produces 48-bit RGB output
- Produces 32-bit CMYK output
- Produces 64-bit CMYK output
- Produces a 24 bit RGB image and allows the use of a special compression tag along with it which allows us to compress the size of the image.
- Produces black-and-white output and can be combined with various compression options.
Following are the results of images produced by splitting a PDF with the given specifications under different GhostScript parameters:
PDF Size: 514Kb Number of pages in PDF: 26 Note: PDF contained mixture of colored and B/W images
So in case the user wants to retain the color of the images, please use -sDEVICE=tiffscaled24 -sCompression=lzw value and in case of when no colored images are present or the color is not of much importance to user, the user can go for -sDEVICE=tifflzw option. NOTE: These options are available only GhostScript 9.04 onwards. Please make sure the user has the required version. Although Version available with Ephesoft 3.0 onwards installer is 9.05.