Topic/Category: Batch Class, Linux
Issue: You would like to take a Batch Class created for Ephesoft on a windows server and import it to an Ephesoft instance installed on a Linux server.
Root Cause: Changes in dependencies, OCR engine, and file paths
There are a few things that must be changed after you import a Batch Class into an Ephesoft instance installed on a Linux server if the Batch Class was exported from an Ephesoft instance which was installed on a Windows Server.
- Export the Batch Class from the Windows instance of Epehsoft.
- Click import in the Batch Class Manager on the Ephesoft Linux instance
- Select the zip file for the exported Batch Class and fill in the new drop folder for the batch class on the linux server (if you are using a network share, remember to mount this as a local directory on the linux server first.
- Once you import the Batch Class, you will need to make some changes to the Batch Class
- In the IMPORT_MULTIPAGE_FILES plugin inside of the Folder Import Module, you will need to change the Ghostscript parameter of sDEVICE=tiffscaled24 to sDEVICE=tiff24nc
- Click apply
- In the Page Process Module, you will need to remove the RECOSTAR_HOCR plugin and replace it with the NUANCE_OCR
- Validate and Deploy
- In the Extraction Module, you will then remove the RECOSTAR_EXTRACTION plugin
- Validate and Deploy
- In the COPY_BATCH_XML plugin inside of the Export Module, you will need to change the Multipage File Export Folder to match the location of the final-drop-folder and replace the backslashes ‘\’ with forward slashes in the following path. $BATCH_CLASS\$BATCH_IDENTIFIER\$DATE(yyyy-MM-dd) will become $BATCH_CLASS/$BATCH_IDENTIFIER/$DATE(yyyy-MM-dd) if you would like to keep the same directory schema. (or mounted directory if using a remote share for your SharedFolders)
- In the COPY_BATCH_XML plugin inside of the Export Module, you will need to change the Final Export Folder to match the location of the final-drop-folder on the Linux Server (or mounted directory if using a remote share for your SharedFolders)
Workaround/Permanent Fix?: Permanent Fix
Updates: Step 7 is for version 4.0 and forward