KB Article # 9942
Topic/Category: Batch Class Performance
Ephesoft Version: 4.0.x versions and onward
Issue: Performance is an issue or BI does not complete. There are no errors in the logs.
The [Sharedfolder\ephesoft-system-folder] may be used to isolate the module in the workflow and/or page in the BI that may be causing an issue.
- View the subfolder for the BI in question within [Sharedfolder\ephesoft-system-folder].
- Sort Files by Time.
- In the example, each number represents a process within the workflow.
- You may use this information to understand where your BI is having an issue, whether it is a workflow module or a certain page that may be causing the issue.
-Sometimes you will need to test by trial and error using a “removal of page” or test page via manual process execution to understand what is the root issue.
Some questions to answer when doing analysis:
- Is this a module issue or page issue?
- Is a specific page causing a problem? What is different about this page from other’s preventing it from processing? What happens when I remove it and re-test?
- Can I analyze the properties of these files, to see if it is a config issue?
- What happens when I open these files in 3rd party software to analyze – resolution, color, bit depth? How do these properties differ from original UNC files?
- Is my HOCR completing? Does the content for HOCR look correct?
- What happens when I manually send these files through imagemagick at the command line – is it successful? Do I get an ERROR message?
- If the problem is not a certain image, but a module, is there anything that can be configured differently?
In the example, the numbered sections represent the successful output during the following modules in the workflow: