KB Article # 21305
Topic/Category: Email Import, Libreoffice
Issue: Email Import Fails From LibreOffice Bad email Attachment File Error and Requires Intervention on Server. This may cause subsequent valid emails to stop processing.
The bad email/attachments needs to be corrected and reprocessed. To receive an email on these so that action can be taken and so that subsequent valid emails/attachments are processed, do the following:
1) Insure email error notifications are set.
- Edit the mail properties file: C:\Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-mail\mail.properties
- Change the host, username, password, etc values to work with your SMTP email server.
- Set mail.suppress to false
2) LibreOffice provides a flag “headless” which prevents user interaction. This will prevent the thread from getting stuck in case of above error. During processing of the email body/attachments, in case of an exception, retry attempts are made and then the exception will be logged along with a notification email to the configured person.
To apply this fix please follow below steps:
1. Stop Ephesoft server.
2. Go to [Ephesoft_home]\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-open-office directory.
3. Take backup of “open-office.properties” file.
4. Update below property in “open-office.properties” file. Add “headless” mode to the command. Be sure to make the change in the correct windows or linux based configuration line.
openoffice.startCommandForWindows=cmd /c start soffice.exe -invisible -headless -accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;
5. Start Ephesoft server.