Last Updated on
1. Can we use Windows Authentication only on the SQL Server or is there a requirement to use mixed mode authentication? Desire is to only use Windows authentication and not SQL authentication.
Answer: We allow Windows authentication since version 22.214.171.124 for ephesoft database connectivity, but we do not support windows authtication for fuzzydb. To use fuzzydb, we recommend leaving system in mixed mode.
2. What is the latest SQL Server service pack supported?
Answer: Generally, We have tested Ephesoft on the version shipped along with Ephesoft latest version i.e. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Edition. We think that all the basic functionality shared across all version of MSSQL above Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Edition should work, but all other versions except mentioned version have not been tested yet.. Newly enhanced features that require microsoft jdbc drivers specifically may not work since we use jtds drivers for connectivity.
For more info:. http://jtds.sourceforge.net/index.html
3. Is there a requirement to have OLE Automation Procedures enabled?
Answer: OLE Automation procedures are disabled by default.
4. Is there a requirement to use Shared Memory protocol?
Answer: No, it is not required.
5. Can we disable Database Mail XPs?
Answer: Yes, user can disable Database Mail XPs if required. As it is used for enabling Database Mail on this server and not required for login.
6. Do they need the following Extended procedures in SQL Server? Xp_dirtree, sp_fixeddrives, xp_regread
Answer: Ephesoft doesn’t need any Extended procedures in SQL server for Window Authentication. Ephesoft use hibernate as an ORM tool for making connection to the database. But these procedures may be needed by MSSQL for proper working.