Migrating your Existing Ephesoft Database from MYSQL to MSSQL
Here are the steps you will need to take to successfully migrate your current MYSQL database to a New MSSQL server for Ephesoft Version 4.x. Please keep in mind this will install a new copy of the Ephesoft and Report databases. All current data archived in the existing databases will not be moved.
1. Make a backup of your entire Ephesoft folder directory and your current set of Ephesoft databases
2. Export all the batch classes from Ephesoft running on MySQL if the customer wants to move them to the new MSSQL implementation
3. Create a database in MSSQL using the ephesoft-mssql-config.sql file found in you Ephesoft\Dependencies\MsSQLSetup folder. You can right-click the file and select Edit if you would like to preview and/or modify the contents before running this file in SQL Query Analyzer.
4. Please note the Ephesoft, Report and Report_Archive database names it has selected by default along with the SQL account and password that will be generated and modify as needed before running in SQL Query Analyzer.
5. Copy all content from the following one level up :
Copy the 6 files from \Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-data-access\MSSQL to \Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-data-access
Copy the 7 files from \Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-reporting\MSSQL to \Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-reporting
6. Modify the server.xml file found in \Ephesoft\JavaAppServer\conf to use the updated MSSQL driver and connection details. You can refer to the server.xml found in \Ephesoft\JavaAppServer\confMSSQL as reference. Look for the portion under the tag <GlobalNamingResources> and can even use this as a replacement. Please note that this file by default does not contain the SQL server name or the port, and this will need to be added. You will also need to confirm the Database names for the new Ephesoft, Report and Report_Archive databases match what you created in Steps 3-4 above.
7. Navigate to the \Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-workflows folder. Edit the dcma-workflows.properties file so that workflow.deploy=true and then save the file.
8. Navigate to the \Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-data-access folder. Edit the dcma-db.properties file so that upgradePatch.enable=true and then save the file.
8. Reset all SER files in the [Ephesoft Installation Folder]\SharedFolders\database-update by Removing the “-Executed” portion of the file.
9. Start Ephesoft and make sure all the Ephesoft tables are created with three batch classes.
10. Delete the non standard Batch class folders from SharedFolders such as BC4, BC5, etc.
11. Import the batch classes that you have exported in step #2 above.