Last Updated on
Topic #8717 :Steps to enable Java Applets in Browsers
Applicable Ephesoft versions: 4.x and up
How to enable Java applets in browser so that Webscanner can be used
Note: The Procedure is done on a 184.108.40.206 but these steps are at system level and will work for any Ephesoft version using Java JRE
1. Ensure that the 32 bit version of the JRE is installed on the workstation you wish to use to scan ( The 64 bit JRE Will NOT work with Ephesoft
2. Navigate to the Ephesoft Home Screen
3. Click on the “Scan New Documents” Tab
4. You will Prompted with ” Do You Want To Run This Application”. Click the “Run” Button.
5. You will be prompted with another window: “Allow Access to the following Application from this website?” Press the “Allow” button.
6. You Should now have the JRE enabled. From here you should be able to select your scanning source and pick which batch you wish to use.
Use the steps in this Article to reset your Java cache: http://wiki.ephesoft.com/resetting-ephesoft-web-scanner-java-cache
If you do not receive the promts from step 4 and 5 after resetting you java cache and browser cache. Check your internet security settings on your workstation to ensure that Java is allowed to run. If you are using google Chrome 42 or higher use the following steps to ensure that java is enable in chrome: http://wiki.ephesoft.com/kb0008974-webscanner-and-chrome-version-42-x-compatibility-npapi-java-plugin-error