Last Updated on
This screen defines the operations that can be done on a batch in validation state. During this stage, the user can perform various operations on the batch like classifying, splitting, copying, deleting the document etc., along with the ability to change the value of the document level fields which have been extracted. The document also explains the various plug-in properties that should be set for batches that are in validation state. With the help of these properties Ephesoft facilitates fuzzy search option, suggestion box facility, and development of external modules or applications and integrate them to work together with Ephesoft. Whenever batch comes to validate state, its status is changed to “READY_FOR_VALIDATION” and it needs to be validated by the user manually, if it is not validated automatically.
Below is the screen shot of the Batch List page which contains a tab for the list of all the batches present in “READY_FOR_VALIDATION” state.
Please follow the below steps to set the validation plug-in properties:
- Login to the Ephesoft Admin Module (Batch Class Management).
- Navigate to Batch Class -> Modules -> Validate Document module -> Validate Document plugin.
|Configurable property||Type of value||Value options||Description|
|External Application Switch||List of values||
||This field is used to develop external applications and integrate them to work together with Ephesoft.Default OFF.|
|Field Value Change Script Switch||List of values||
||If the switch is enabled, then every time the field values are changed, the field value change script runs.Default OFF.|
|Fuzzy Search Switch||List of values||
||If the switch is enabled, then fuzzy search facility is enabled.Default ON.|
|Suggestion box Switch||List of values||
||If the switch is enabled, then suggestions for alternate values for document level fields are available.Default OFF.|
|Fuzzy Pop Up X Dimension (in px)||Integer||Integer value||To specify the x-dimension of the fuzzy search result pop-up in pixels.|
|Fuzzy Pop Up Y Dimension (in px)||Integer||Integer value||To specify the y-dimension of the fuzzy search result pop-up in pixels.|
|Validation Script Switch||List of values||
||If the switch is enabled, then whenever the batch in validation state is saved, the specified script runs.Default OFF.|
|External Application X Dimension (in px)||Integer||Integer value||To specify the x-dimension of the external application in pixels.|
|External Application Y Dimension (in px)||Integer||Integer value||To specify the y-dimension of the external application in pixels.|
|URL1 Title, URL2 Title, URL3 Title and URL4 Title||String||N-A||These properties hold titles for the external application.|
|URL1 (Ctrl+6), URL2 (Ctrl+7), URL3 (Ctrl+8) and URL4 (Ctrl+9)||String||N-A||To fire the specified External Application for a batch on the Review Validate UI. URL of the external application is specified here which can be accessed via shortcut keys (Ctrl+6, etc.) as well as by selecting options from list. (External Application 1, External Application 2, External Application 3, External Application 4 as can be seen in the below UI).|
External application on Validation Screen
There are three panels in this screen.
- Left-most-panel or 1st panel – contains a document tree for the classified and unclassified Ephesoft documents.
- Middle-panel or 2nd panel – contains the validation button and facilitates fuzzy search option. It also contains the list of document types and the list of documents for merging. Below validation panel document level fields (with their extracted value) are present for the corresponding document.
- Right-most-panel or 3rd panel shows the enlarged image of the selected document.
In the document tree, there are valid as well as invalid documents. Valid documents are marked by a green border line on its left. Invalid documents are marked by a red border line on its left.
User will be redirected to Review view panel on clicking the Review view button at top left of Left most panel. On Review view panel all the pages of selected document will be displayed as thumbnails. On clicking again on Review view button user will be redirected to Document tree panel.
User can change the order of the page in a Document by simply dragging the page to the desired location. When user drags the page to left then remaining pages will shift to right and vice versa.
Document level fields with their extracted values are displayed in the middle panel. In the below UI document level field is Part Number and extracted value is 998100000015.
Clicking on the table view button opens another panel that contains a table corresponding to the selected document. This option only comes when there is some table configuration given for the document type. The table should contain valid data. If any cell in the table contains any invalid data, then the document is not validated.
Values in table can also be populated by selecting overlay from Right-most-panel.
Table on Review Validate Screen
- Insert: Inserts a new row below the selected row in the table.
- Delete: Deletes the selected rows. A row can be selected for deletion by selecting its check box.
- Delete All: Deletes all the table rows.
- Row Extraction – On clicking on Row extraction a temporary row will be inserted. In the new row user will populate the value from the page on right most panel by drawing overlays which will act as column coordinates x0,x1. Depending upon the coordinate, table extraction will be done. On the basis of extraction results new rows will be inserted in the table.
- Column Extraction – is done to extract values of some specific column. In column extraction user needs to draw overlay for a specific column on the basis of which table extraction is performed as in Row extraction but here instead of adding new rows existing rows get merged with the extracted data for the specified column value. This merging is done by finding the nearest row on the basis of row coordinates within a specified threshold which is 1.5 times the height of extracted row.
- Empty column can be populated by performing manual extraction for the column. For this, user has to select the Column checkbox present on the right of manual extraction button.
- Invalid data extracted during Manual extraction for rows can be discarded by selecting the header checkboxes of a column. Any row with invalid value for the checked column will not be added on performing manual extraction.
- Field View: Navigates to the document level field view.
- This functionality aims at providing the application user (mainly review operators) the flexibility of customizing the shortcuts for specific operations on the RV screen. The user can run some code script as per the need which will be fired just by pressing a key.
Table contains data validated using the table validation rules and column validation patterns defined for it.
In case Table validation rule fails then entire row is highlighted. In case column pattern validation fails then that particular column is highlighted. User can break column validation pattern for a column by hitting Ctrl + B on the column’s cell.
User can define the Validation rules from the following UI by clicking on Add menu.
User can define validation pattern for a column from the following UI. User is also provided an option to use Regex Builder or Regex pool for defining a regex pattern.
User can move between the different columns in a table using Up, Down, Left and Right arrow keys.
User can also copy and paste the values of a column in multiple columns by making overlay using right click.
Fuzzy Search Box
Fuzzy search option returns table data that match a pattern approximately. Every document is mapped to a table in database. Data from the table in database is returned corresponding to the pattern specified in the fuzzy search textbox. User can specify the pattern in fuzzy search textbox in following ways:-
- By typing text in the fuzzy search textbox.
- By single click population from image in right most panel.
- By making overlay on the image in right most panel.
A particular row from that table can be selected for populating data into document level fields.
On Click arrow present in right of a column header user can perform sorting operation and on hovering mouse over columns List of column is displayed along with checkbox in front of every column. When any checkbox is unchecked then that column is removed from Fuzzy search popup for the current session.
User can sort the column by clicking on the column header.
User can change the column ordering by simply dragging the column to the desired position. The change in ordering is maintained for the current session.
Document level fields can be categorized into different categories. User can define the category from the following UI in Category column. Document level fields will be categorized in Group1 category by default.
Document type with categories defined for document level fields will look like this on Validation screen
Category with all valid document level fields will have a green dot on top left of category tab. Category with any one invalid document field will have a red dot with exclamation mark on the top left of category tab.
Document level fields can be of following Field Type
User can define the Field type on the following UI from the Field Type dropdown.
Document level fields with different field types will appear as following on UI.
- Ephesoft 4.0 RV provides a feature to soft validate document level fields value in pre validation stage using java script code. It can be used to validate fields or inject any custom js on RV screen. If the custom client side script returns false it is considered to be an invalid state. Ephesoft makes sure that no validation task (UI validation/Script) is done until the operator validates the fields. It can be configured using any js file and including it in ReviewValidate.html. For sample we have provided the function signature in utility.js file.
Case 1 – when function returns false then a popup on Validation screen shows that Validation will not be done as script returns false. No validation operation is performed in this case.
Case 2 – When function returns true then popup on validation screen shows that validation will be done ad script returns true. Validation operation is performed in this case.
- User can configure category of document level field and can also define them as read only with help of batch.xml using scripts. Default value of tags in batch.xml will be same as that defined on UI.
- User can specify any message with a document level field in batch.xml using scripts.
User can perform split operation to split a multipage document. While performing this operation user has option to split retain only document level fields value or only values in tables or both or none.
- For invalid document level field a tooltip will specify the reason for why the document level field is specified as invalid.
- User can suppress the Popups on Validation screen by clicking on don’t ask me again checkbox. Next time user performs that operation popup will not come for the current session.
- Clicking on More menu will open further options for Function Key, External Application, Scanning and Shortcuts.
This functionality aims at providing the application user (mainly review operators) the flexibility of customizing the shortcuts for specific operations on the RV screen. The user can run some code script as per the need which will be fired just by pressing a key.
User can define the Function Key from the following UI by clicking on Add menu.
Review screen with Function Key defined will look something like this
This functionality is used to fire the specified External Application for a batch on the Review screen.
For configuration of External Applications please refer Configuration section.
This functionality aims at providing the application user to Re-Scan and Insert pages in a document using a Web scanner.
This feature will redirect user to web scanner screen from where user can only rescan the selected page. On clicking Finish user will be redirected to Review screen again.
Web scanner screen for Rescanning will look like this.
This feature will redirect user to web scanner screen from where user can only insert a page which will be added before the selected page. User can insert multiple pages one by one. On clicking Finish user will be redirected to Review screen again.
Web scanner screen for Insert will look like this.
Clicking on Shortcuts will open a list of shortcuts for operations like Saving, Splitting, Merging, Deleting the document etc.
User can resize the dialogue box using the edges and can reposition it by dragging it to desired position. This change will be maintained for the current session.
The right-most-panel contains the buttons for splitting, deleting, rotating the document, etc. These buttons can be used to perform some functionality given in the shortcuts tab. We can select any page from any document and use these buttons to perform the functionality shown in the screen shot below: