The purpose of this document is to show how to configure and run Ephesoft Web Scanner for the first time on any browser. Supported browsers are Firefox, Chrome and IE.
Starting from v4.0 Ephesoft Web Scanner supports PaperStream drivers along with Twain drivers.
Configuration steps are as follows:-
- Enter the Ephesoft Web Scanner URL in address bar:-
- Enter valid credentials in the login page and login to the application.
- Please check ‘Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above’ on the security popup appearing on the screen when running the web scanner for the first time on any browser. After that, click on ‘Run’ button.
- Select the required scanner from the select source window and start scanning.
- UI changes: Ephesoft Web scanner UI will contain 3 panels: Thumbnail Stack Panel, Thumbnail Panel and Image Panel. First panel is collapsible panel and contains a stack of images. On collapsing the first panel, the second panel containing the thumbnails will expand.
- PaperStream Integration: Ephesoft Web scanner now supports PaperStream drivers along with the Twain drivers.
- SSL Support: Ephesoft web scanner is now supported over SSL.
- Delete multiple pages Feature: User can delete single or multiple images (selected using Ctrl key) at one time.
- Insert new page Feature: User can scan and insert new page before the selected thumbnail.
- Auto-Stop Feature: As soon as there are no pages left for scanning in the scanner, the scanner automatically stops processing and the number of scanned pages will be shown below the button panel on top of the page. The value of scanned pages will keep on updating in case of START, RESUME, DELETE, and INSERT.
- Ability to rescan a page on Review/Validation page: User will be provided an option on Review/Validate screen to rescan selected page.
- Ability to insert a page on Review/Validation: User will be provided an option on Review/Validate screen to insert one or more pages before the selected page.
- Better user interface: User will now be able to see more thumbnails on UI at once. These thumbnails can be reordered according to the user’s choice.
- Batch Description rename: User will be provided an option to edit the scan folder name. The batch name will be the user provided name.
- Addition of selected Batch Class ID to the scanner folder name: The scan folder name will contain the selected batch class id, username and timestamp, by default.
- Ability to reject documents for rescanning and deletion: Scanner profile will contain 2 additional properties governing the visibility of Rescan and Delete button on web scanner UI.
- Sorting: Sorting feature has been provided to sort the Batch class list on the basis of batch class name and batch class identifier alternatively.
- Client side image generation: Feature has been provided to generate the JPG files to be displayed on UI at the client side. This will display colored images on the UI. A switch has been provided in the “application.properties” file in the META-INF to toggle the uploading over client-side or server-side.
# To enable client-side uploading on web scanner.
By default, uploading will be done on client-side.
- PPM Improvement: Page per minute count has been increased significantly.
- If ‘Start’ button is not visible even after refreshing, please restart the browser.
- If error message ‘Unable to perform action: INITIALZE on the Web Scanner Applet’ appear, please update browser’s Java plugin.