The purpose of this document is to show how to configure and run Ephesoft Web Scanner for the first time on any browser. Supported browsers are Firefox, Chrome and IE.
Ephesoft Web Scanner supports only Twain drivers.
Configuration steps are as follows:-
- Enter the Ephesoft Web Scanner URL in address bar:-
- Enter valid credentials in the login page and login to the application.
- Please check ‘Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above’ on the security popup appearing on the screen (see below screenshot) when running the web scanner for the first time on any browser. After that, click ‘Run’ button.
- Select the required scanner from the select source window and start scanning.
- Ephesoft web scanner is now supported over SSL.
- Auto-Stop Feature: As soon as there are no pages left for scanning in the scanner, the scanner automatically stops processing and a pop-up will be displayed showing the number of pages scanned.
[SCREENSHOT of Auto-Stop popup]
- Sorting feature has been provided to sort the Batch class list on the basis of batch class name and batch class identifier alternatively.
- Feature has been provided to generate the JPG files to be displayed on UI at the client side. This will display colored images on the UI. A switch has been provided in the “application.properties” file in the META-INF to toggle the uploading over client-side or server-side.
# To enable client-side uploading on web scanner.
By default, uploading will be done on client-side.
- If ‘Start’ button is not visible even after refreshing, please restart the browser.
- If error message ‘Unable to perform action: INITIALZE on the Web Scanner Applet’ appear, please update browser’s Java plugin.
- Make sure to open just one instance of Ephesoft Web Scanner on a machine.
- There should not be more than one user logged in with the same username and scanning simultaneously.