Installation Procedure: Windows Pre-requisites
Windows and Server Installations
Before installing Ephesoft on Windows, we need to perform some configuration changes. Ephesoft installer Service Packages, such as 126.96.36.199, are all inclusive; there is no need to install 188.8.131.52 beforehand. After installation is complete, please check our Downloads and Updates page for cumulative updates between Service Pack versions that may be available.
(V3.1 and above) – Compatible with all certified Windows versions up to Windows Server 2012 R2.
(Up to V184.108.40.206 SP2) – Compatible with all certified Windows versions up to Windows 8.0 and Windows Server 2012.
Note: If you are attempting to install Ephesoft in order to add another server to your environment (Multi-Server) Please refer to the following Article: How to create a Multi-Server Environment with Ephesoft?
Steps to be followed in order to properly run the Ephesoft Installer:
Note: Windows 8 and Server 2012, 2016 by default have this .Net Framework version disabled. We need to enable this manually.
2. Check for windows update, download and apply updates.
3. Turn Windows User Account Control (UAC) OFF.
4. Check that the Ephesoft installation file isn’t blocked by certain versions of Windows. Right click file and check the properties. Unblock if necessary.
5. If the infrastructure environment that supports Ephesoft has antivirus, exclude all ephesoft directories for best performance.
6. You also need to ensure that the following are installed on the Windows server:
.Net Framework 4.0 (Applies to All Versions of Ephesoft)
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (Applies to v4.0 or higher)
7. For Ephesoft versions up to Ephesoft 4.5,disable IPv6 by applying Microsoft process – http://download.ephesoft.com/Ephesoft_Product/Wiki_links/MicrosoftEasyFix50409.msi
8. After successful completion of previous steps, you are now ready to Install Ephesoft on a Windows server using one of the following (Click to go to the desired page):