Topic : Adding users to LDAP using a Java Class
Applicable Ephesoft versions:
Normally LDAP requires the user to log in to the LDAP database with the jxplorer application. By using the Java class provided, you can add users by altering the user details in the .java file below.
There are two methods of executing this .java file.
- Create a new project in eclipse and execute this through the UI after configuring your user in the script
- Compile and run the Class from the command prompt
- Create a new directory
- Copy the AddEntryToLDAP.java file to this directory
- Open a command prompt
- Make sure that the path has been set for the JDK in windows. Locate your JDK install path and execute the following command ‘set path=%path%;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin’
- Navigate to the directory holding the AddEntryToLDAP.java file
- Execute the following command in order to compile the .java file. ‘javac AddEntryToLDAP.java’
- Execute the following command in order to execute the compiled application. ‘java AddEntryToLDAP’