Last Updated on
Barcodes are used in two different areas in Ephesoft:
Both methods give access to two different engines Recostar and Zxing. Recostar is much more powerful.
There are two ways to configure barcode based classification, Recostar and zxing:
- Create a barcode field in FPR.rsp file in BC??\recostar-extraction if FPR_Barcode.rsp does not exist. If there is no file, FPR.rsp file from the Application\native\Recostarplugin\bin folder contains one example. Some versions of ephesoft contain FPR_Barcode.rsp that already contains a barcode field definition; in these cases rename and replace the FPR.rsp file in the directory with this one.
- Enable barcode extraction by setting the Page Processing->Recostar_HOCR plugin, BARCODE SWITCH = ON
- Enable barcode classification by setting the Document_Assembly->DOCUMENT_ASSEMBLER plugin, DA CLASSIFICATION TYPE = Barcodeclassification or AutomaticClassification
- Set document type names equal to the barcode values that will be written in the HOCR xml file; the values are case-sensitive. If names are not equal, PageProcessing Script can be written to map the values to document types.
- Enable barcode in the Barcode plugin in PageProcessing
- Configure Document Assembler plugin to use Barcodeclassification or AutomaticClassification
- Barcode values must be same as document type names. If they are not, PageProcessing Script can be written to map the values to document types.
- Create a recostar fixed form project file in BC??\recostar-extraction. There is a you tube video on how to create this file
- Assign Recostar file to document type in Batch class management.
- Enable Recostar Plugin in Extraction.
- Enable barcode in the Barcode plugin in Extraction Module
- For each Document level index field, assign barcode type to the index field.