Topic/Category: Web scanner, Advanced Web scanner
Issue : When browsing to the Advanced Web Scanner URL, the browser complains that site is not secure due to an expired certificate.
Root cause: This issue occurs because the certificate has expired for ephesoft.inc.ca. This certificate is used by EphesoftTransactScannerService.
Version : 22.214.171.124 , 126.96.36.199
Browse to https://localhost:60001.
You will see the message “Greeting from Ephesoft Scanner Service.”
This determines if the scanner service is running but the URL is not secure.
When you view the certificate, it shows as expired.
- Take a backup of C:\Program Files (x86)\EphesoftTransactScannerService.
- Uninstall the scanner service using Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
- Download the new scanner service for v188.8.131.52. Download the updated one using this link.
- Run the EphesoftScannerService.msi on the desired workstation.
- Once installed successfully, verify the results.
- Scan documents and process your batches.
*Note : This is applicable only for the scanner service in Ephesoft v184.108.40.206 and v220.127.116.11.