Last Updated on
Can non-DB Owner permissions be assigned for successful operation?
Answer: It is not supported.
Ephesoft performs following operations on database server:
- Connects with database server and creates Application and reporting database. In reporting database it populates tables at the same time.
- Creates a login having name ephesoft and gives all permissions on Application and reporting database to this login.
- After successful installation when databases and login are created successfully then on starting Ephesoft, it connects with database server using ‘ephesoft’ login and creates tables in Application database.
- After creating tables Ephesoft performs SELECT, INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE operations on tables using ‘ephesoft’ login.
- When an existing installation is upgraded by patch/upgrade installer, there may be a scenario that the patch also alters the existing database. Creation of a new table or schema alteration may be necessary.
For these reasons, we recommend that the Ephesoft database service account be assigned db_owner permissions.