Ephesoft Transact is an intelligent document capture and data classification solution that utilizes powerful algorithms to extract critical information from your physical and electronic documents. Transact can identify the information you need without manual data entry, without time consuming document sorting or scanning separator sheets with barcodes.
There are two primary phases during the Ephesoft Transact process, classification and extraction. Transact will identify documents that are being sent to the server, separate them, extract any critical information from them and then deliver the documents and extracted data to your back office applications and line of business processes.
Ephesoft Transact is built on top of a workflow engine. Each step in the workflow is called a Plugin and is independently responsible for one specific operation. Plugins are grouped into sub workflow containers which are called Modules. Every Plugin contains a variety of switches, settings and parameters that can be configured based on your individual need and preference.
The diagram below shows a high-level view of the overall workflow, from left to right. The two green “arrows” are the only areas of the workflow in which an operator may interact with Ephesoft Transact. The rest of the process is automatically performed by the server.
The Ephesoft Transact interface is segmented into two areas, one for administrator functions and one for operator functions. The groups and security roles assigned to a particular user will dictate which areas will be accessible when they log in. Access can be further restricted so that a user only has very specific access to a single area within the admin or operator pages.
The intent of this type of layout is to provide access to users for specific tasks or responsibilities related to advanced document capture.
- Batch Class Management
- Primary configuration area where workflows, classification and extraction is configured and managed
- Batch Instance Management
- Real-time screen that shows all current batches that are being processed along with a history of finished batches
- Folder Management
- Windows Explorer access to specific areas of the Transact server to allow uploads and downloads of files without logging onto the Transact server
- System Configuration
- Area for user security, database connection manager, regular expression repository, license info, etc.
- Reporting dashboard that will display standard and advanced reports
- Batch List
- Exception-handling queue, organized by classification excepts and extraction exceptions
- Web Scanner
- Browser based scanning interface, allowing users to leverage a local twainbased scanner and scan documents directly to the Transact server
- Batch Upload
- Manual upload area for initiating batch processing of electronic and digital files
Ephesoft Transact can ingest documents from a variety of different sources. A combination of the different ingestion methods can be used at the same time. There are also times when you may want to enable specific ingestion points and also disable certain methods. This can easily be managed through the administrator interface.
Ephesoft Transact Document Ingestion Methods
- Multi-Function Printers/Devices
- Fax servers
- Monitored folders (network & local)
- Mobile devices
- CMIS applications
- Manual upload
- Web Service API upload
Some of these methods can be utilized in different ways depending on the implementation and specific scenarios. For example, the web service API upload can be integrated into an existing customer-facing online site or portal, where documents are uploaded to the portal and then fed into Ephesoft Transact for processing.
Another method could be retrieving documents that are already in a DMS or other repository by using the CMIS import function to bring documents in, classify them, extract data and then send them back to their place of origin.