How to Run Ephesoft on Windows While Logged in as a Non-Administrative User
Follow the steps below to run Ephesoft on Windows while logged in as a non-administrative user
- Ephesoft must be installed and licensed with an administrative user. This is a mandatory prerequisite.
- Configure a new service account once Ephesoft is installed and licensed.
- Edit permissions for the entire C:\Ephesoft folder to give your new service account full control.
- Edit the registry to grant the test user full control to the javasoft folder; [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft]
- If there is a remote share being used, then it must also be configured to give full control to the service account from the Ephesoft server.
- Alter the service for Ephesoft Enterprise to run from the new service account that you created.
Note: These instructions expect the user to be using a remote database which does not require to be run as a non-administrative user.