Last Updated on
Component: KV Page Process
Affected Version: 4501
There is one major issue identified during upgrading Ephesoft Transact 4500 to Ephesoft Transact 4501 in those cases where customer may have KV Page Process Rules setup in their batch class. The issue is observed in Page Level Fields under field name column where after upgrading to 4501 all the field names may get replaced with String “KV Page Process”.
This is majorly going to impact your classification as the KV Page Process Classification will become useless due to change in field name.
To avoid this issue please make sure that you are doing below:
- Install v22.214.171.124 (or the version you were using earlier) of Transact.
- If needed, configure page-level-fields in KV_Page_Process plugin.
- Upgrade to v126.96.36.199 (or the whichever newer version you need. Hotfix is needed when the newer version is before v188.8.131.52. Issue has been fixed in v184.108.40.206 and newer versions).
- Just before turning the server on the first time after upgrading, go to “<installation-directory>\Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-data-access” folder. Replace the existing pre-schema.sql with pre-schema.sql when upgraded to v220.127.116.11 and pre-schema_4500.sql when upgraded to v18.104.22.168 (need to be renamed to pre-schema.sql before using).
OR Instead of replacing the files, user can edit the file “<installation-directory>\Ephesoft\Application\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\dcma-data-access\pre-schema.sql”, and remove/comment the query “update kv_page_process set page_level_field_name=(select plugin_config_value from batch_class_plugin_config where batch_class_plugin_config.id=kv_page_process.batch_class_plugin_config_id);”
- Now when you turn the server on, everything will work as expected.