Last Updated on
Below are the key points that needs to be taken care of for planning disaster recovery:
Requirement for setting up DR server:
- Separate Ephesoft Installation
- Replica of shared folder
- High Availability with Replication options over Database server.
- Separate DR license with limited image count
A database should have capabilities like high availability which can be implemented by MSSQL Always On feature. The database should also have the capability to replicate data from one database server to another database server in a two way fashion so that there do not exist any data inconsistencies.
An important consideration here is that replication of data should happens two way i.e. your main database server should have updated records of whatever is processed in your DR server. (This is usually handled by High Availability where MSSQL internally decides which node acts as a primary & secondary node) so that there are no database inconsistencies.
There will be a separate license provided for the DR Server with private MAC address and limitation over image count with the purpose that DR server is not intended to be used as a part of main acting cluster.
How to execute failover to DR server:
The failover from the main cluster to DR server will not be automatic,therefore starting Ephesoft service on DR server will be manual unless the customers are enforcing some automation scripts for the same. Make sure that database and shared folders are fully replicated before failing over to DR servers.
- Database Replication & High Availability configuration, Shared folder Replication needs to be setup by customers. There is no procedure to implement the same.
- DR license will be provided by Licensing team.