Last Updated on
This wiki article focuses on what all artefacts are required to be provided to support team in order to troubleshoot below reporting issues:
- Observing Performance Issues ?
- Observing Slowness on User Interface ?
- Observing Low PPM Processing ?
In case you are observing any of the above reported issues then you can start by reporting the issue to ephesoft support team by creating a new ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org. To speed up the process we request you to provide below information to us prior opening a ticket.
Environment Related information
- Ephesoft version you are currently on ?
- Environment architecture as below:
- Is this a single server or a cluster environment ?
- Does database exist on same server or different server ?
- Does shared folder exist on same server or different server ?
- Each server specifications in terms of Memory, No. of Cores & O.S.
- Do you have any other application running on the same server ?
- Send the screenshots of below when you are observing slowness from Task Manager Details & Performance Tab:
- CPU & Memory Usage in Performance Tab of Task Manager
- Details tab of processes sorted by memory highest
- Details tab of processes sorted by CPU highest
- How much memory is allocated to Tomcat ?
- Navigate to Ephesoft/JavaAppServer/Bin
- Open EphesoftEnterprise.exe
- Go to Java Tab and send us what value is assigned to Initial Memory Pool & Maximum Memory Pool.
- How many operators / users are logged in to the UI ?
- Verify if you are have enough Hard Disk space available.
- Any Ephesoft provided hot-fixes applied ?
Batch Instance Related Information:
- How many BI’s are you processing in a day ?
- What is average number of pages per BI ?
- Check size and dimension of the TIFF files for the batches where you see performance issues?
License Related Information:
- Do you have High Performance License available ?
Database Related Information:
- Get a count of records present in ephesoft database for below tables:
select count (1) from ACT_HI_ACTINST;
select count (1) from ACT_HI_PROCINST;
select count (1) from ACT_HI_VARINST ;
select count (1) from batch_instance; also check BI’s in FINISHED & DELETED STATE
- Send us a screenshot of server_registry table.
- Send us a screenshot of last_execution table.
- Send us a screenshot of service_status table.
- What is the size of the ephesoft and report database ?
- Send screenshot of below query:
select BUSINESS_KEY_, START_TIME_,END_TIME_,DURATION_ from ephesoft.act_hi_procinst order by DURATION_ DESC
- Send screenshot of act_ru_job table in ephesoft database.
- Enable INFO Level Logging & Gather INFO level dcma-all.log, dcma-report.log (Ephesoft -> Application -> Logs) & stdout.log(Ephesoft -> JavaAppServer -> Logs).
Artifacts Required to Replicate the issue at our end:
- Please ZIP complete WEB-INF folder from server /servers and provide all the properties files.
- Key files required are
- If you are seeing issue with specific Batch class then please provide an exported Batch Class ZIP file from User Interface to us.
- If you are seeing performance issues with specific Batch Instances then provide us the actual pdf file in DROP folder and its associated folder created in ephesoft-system folder.
Once we have above information we can start analyzing the issue and come back to the customer with our analysis / suggestions / workarounds.