Ephesoft Transact v184.108.40.206 performs more slowly than Transact v220.127.116.11 when processing a small, 20-page PDF file using the Recostar SaveImage.exe files.
This is applicable only if you are using “Recostar” in Folder Import process. The slowness is observed only during PDF to TIFF conversion of folder import process.
Ephesoft found that the duration of processing with the Recostar saveimage.exe files was five times longer than with the Transact v18.104.22.168 installation:
- The 20-page PDF file required 8 seconds of processing time on Transact v22.214.171.124.
- This same file required 32 seconds for processing on Transact v4.5.x.x.
- This issue also exists on Transact v126.96.36.199 and v188.8.131.52.
This issue is scheduled to be resolved in Ephesoft Transact v184.108.40.206.
In the meantime, please use the following suggested workaround to address slower processing with the Recostar saveImage.exe files:
1. Copy the SaveImage.exe files located in the Ephesoft\Application\native\RecostarPlugin\bin directory of the Transact v220.127.116.11 installation.
You can also click this link to download the files: Recostar_v4120_files.zip
2. Copy and replace the files over to the Transact v18.104.22.168 installation, under the same directory.
3. Restart the Transact service.
These steps will improve the performance on the installation of Transact v22.214.171.124. This workaround can also be used for Transact v126.96.36.199 and v188.8.131.52.
The following snapshot illustrates the Recostar SaveImage files to be copied.