Resolve issue where Web Scanner will not initialize following an update of Java 7 SE u51.
Java recently pushed out a new update and we have had customers contact us about their scanner not being able to initialize. We were able to replicate this in our office with the Java 7 SE u51 and the Java 7 SE u45 after reverting back post Java 7 SE u51 update utilizing 220.127.116.11 SP2. To resolve this, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Open the Java Control Panel.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Change the security level to Medium.
- Click the Restore Security Prompts button.
- Click the Restore All button.
- Click the OK button.
- Close the Java and Windows Control Panels.
- Close and reopen any browsers.
- Upon accessing the Web Scanner page, please click Allow for Java.