Installation Procedure: Windows Pre-requisites
Windows and Server Installations
Before installing Ephesoft on Windows, we need to perform some configuration changes. Ephesoft installer Service Packages, such as 188.8.131.52, are all inclusive; there is no need to install 184.108.40.206 beforehand. After installation is complete, please check our Downloads and Updates page for cumulative updates between Service Pack versions that may be available.
(V3.1 and above) – Compatible with all certified Windows versions up to Windows Server 2012 R2.
(Up to V220.127.116.11 SP2) – Compatible with all certified Windows versions up to Windows 8.0 and Windows Server 2012.
Note: If you are attempting to install Ephesoft in order to add another server to your environment (Multi-Server) Please refer to the following Article: How to create a Multi-Server Environment with Ephesoft?
Steps to be followed in order to properly run the Ephesoft Installer:
Note: Windows 8 and Server 2012, 2016 by default have this .Net Framework version disabled. We need to enable this manually.
2. Check for windows update, download and apply updates.
3. Turn Windows User Account Control (UAC) OFF.
4. Check that the Ephesoft installation file isn’t blocked by certain versions of Windows. Right click file and check the properties. Unblock if necessary.
5. If the infrastructure environment that supports Ephesoft has antivirus, exclude all ephesoft directories for best performance.
6. You also need to ensure that the following are installed on the Windows server:
.Net Framework 4.0 (Applies to All Versions of Ephesoft)
The following Redistributables are installed through the Transact installer:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable KB2467175
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x86
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86
Please be aware that any version of Visual Studio higher than the latest Microsoft Redistributable included in the Ephesoft Transact installer will stop the installation. Ephesoft Transact has to be installed before any higher version of Visual Studio if needed.
7. For Ephesoft versions up to Ephesoft 4.5 disable IPv6 by applying Microsoft process – http://download.ephesoft.com/Ephesoft_Product/Wiki_links/MicrosoftEasyFix50409.msi
8. After successful completion of previous steps, you are now ready to Install Ephesoft on a Windows server using one of the following (Click to go to the desired page):